Diagnostics at power equipment repairs using the metal magnetic memory method
- Express control without metal dressing in order to detect zones of potential damages on all boiler units prior to starting the repairs.
- Detecting of jamming sites on heating surface pipes in fitting units and in areas of pipes passing through setting and insulation. Selecting of optimum option of pipes attachment.
- Assessment of supports and suspension brackets condition on ceiling pipes and manifolds.
- Express quality control of pipes repair and angular joints with manifolds.
- Detecting of contact factory joints locations on boiler waterwall tubes.
- Determining the most representative pipe samples for metal state assessment and internal deposits analysis.
- Early diagnostics of pipes damages (corrosion pits and metal overheating zones detection).
- Assessment of flaws repair backing welds condition.
- Temperature stratifications detection along the furnace perimeter and boiler gas flue.
- Drum inspection without separation equipment removal.
- Stressed-strained state inspection of the frame and all boiler supporting columns.
- Attemperator jackets and injectors condition inspection without their opening.
- Early diagnostics of blades, disks and shafts fatigue damages.
- Serving wire state assessment. Detection of the wire damaging potential sites.
- Express control of tension band and rivets in order to detect jams and potential damaging sites.
- Assessment of final-stage blades compactness. Determining rivets condition on the disk rim in order to detect the rivets requiring replacement.
- Detecting of blades operating in conditions close to resonant oscillations.
- Joint sleeves and key connections condition assessment. Determination of the necessity for templet bolts replacement.
- Revealing of reasons and detecting jamming sites on pipelines and turbine units causing thermal expansions constraint.
- Revealing of reasons for operation misalignment on couplings.
- Detecting local zones of metal residual strain on the shaft. This is especially critical for turbines with residual shaft deflection. According to the experience, rotor correction after deflection using heating up to 700°С does not remove local zones of metal plastic strain. Therefore these zones need to be detected and timely removed by removing of a thin metal layer during the turbine repairs.
- Quality control of blades deposits, various types of sprayed coatings on shafts, valves and other units.
- Timely detection of fatigue damaging areas on control valve rods.
- Early diagnostics of babbit chips on bearing inserts.
- Turbine flushing holes condition inspection without grinding or any other surface preparation.
- Express sorting of new and used studs, channels, bearing inserts and other turbine parts by their susceptibility to damaging.
- Generator retaining rings state inspection without their removal.
- Inspection of tightening level distribution in bolted joints. Detection of bolts and nuts susceptible to damaging.
- Oil lines inspection at turbine operation or repairs for early diagnostics of jamming and damaging sites.
Steam and water pipelines and other industrial pipelines
- Express control of pipelines' and their support-suspension system's stressed-strained state. Detection of jamming sites and other defects in pipelines operation.
- Express quality control of pipeline welded joints and bends without dressing or any other surface preparation.
- Quality control of welded joints heat treatment. Inspection of welded joints and bends subject to high-temperature treatment (before and after HTT).
- Determination of representative metal samples on maximum damaged bends and welded joints in order to estimate steam pipelines life.