September 08, 2022
Scientific and technical council of the SIU "RISCOM"
Scientific and technical council of the Scientific-industrial Unit "Industrial Safety, Risks Management, Control and Monitoring" (SIU "RISCOM") September 08, 2022.
Topics of the meeting
- Metal magnetic memory method. Theory. Practical possibilities and limitations.
- The concept of technical diagnostics and risk assessment based on early detection of damage by the metal magnetic memory and acoustic emission.
The following Resolution was adopted
- SIU RISCOM Scientific and Technical Council notes the efficiency of the metal magnetic memory method (MMM) in early diagnostics of damages, especially in combination with conventional non-destructive testing methods (ultrasonic, X-ray, eddy current, etc.).
- To recommend the MMM method for monitoring the actual stress-strain state of extended pipelines, both in contact and non-contact options of its application.
- Taking into account the experimentally established relationship between magnetic, acoustic and mechanical characteristics, to recommend the MMM method in combination with AE for monitoring the condition of technical devices.
- To take into account the positive feedback from a number of leading experts of industry and educational institutions on the book by authors V.T. Vlasov and A.A. Dubov “Physical bases of the metal magnetic memory method”, Moscow: ZAO “Tisso”, 2004.