May 23, 2019
3rd International Conference on Diagnostics of Structures and Components Using Metal Magnetic Memory Method
May 22-23, 2019, Prague, Czech Republic
CZECH SOCIETY FOR NON-DESTRUCTIVE TESTING
co-sponsored by EUROPEAN FEDERATION FOR NON-DESTRUCTIVE TESTING
The Conference is supported by
ENERGODIAGNOSTIKA CO LTD.
RUSSIAN WELDING SOCIETY
HUNGARIAN ASSOCIATION FOR NON-DESTRUCTIVE TESTING
The 3nd International Conference on diagnostics of structures and components using the metal magnetic memory method was held on May 22-23, 2019, in Prague, Czech Republic. It was initiated by the Czech Society for Non-destructive Testing (Brno) and Preditest LTD (Prague) and co-sponsored by the Energodiagnostika Co. Ltd. (Moscow, Russia). The conference organization was supported by the Russian Welding Society (RWS), the Hungarian Association for Non-destructive Testing (MAROVISZ, Budapest).
The conference was held according to work plan of the ICNDT Specialist International Group in the MMM method for 2019 – 2020.
Experts from Brazil, Czech Republic, Hungary, Germany, Lithuania, Malaysia, Poland, Russia, Slovakia and UAE took part in the conference.
Reports on the following topics were presented at the conference:
- Totals of development of the metal magnetic memory (MMM) method in Europe, Russia and other countries.
- Physical bases of the MMM method. Experimental research of the physical-mechanical properties of metal using the MMM method.
- Inspection of machine-building products quality by structural inhomogeneity and residual stresses.
- Experience in the use of the MMM method at inspection and lifetime assessment of pipelines, structures and components. Metal limiting state criteria at assessment of residual lifetime.
- Non-contact magnetometric diagnostics based on the MMM method of buried pipelines.
- Personnel training on the MMM method and training in the field of stress-strain state testing and engineering diagnostics.
- Meeting of the ICNDT MMM Specialist International Group.
14 reports of scientists and practitioners were presented in total. In particular, the following persons were among the speakers of plenary session:
- Dr. Peter Trampus - Professor, President of Hungarian Association for Non-destructive Testing
- Dr. Anatoly Dubov - Professor, General Director of Energodiagnostika Co Ltd., Russia
- Dr. Vaclav Svoboda - Director of Preditest LTD, Czech Republic
- Dr. Kamarudin - Technical Director of MR Technology Sdn. Bhd., Malaysia
After all presentations there were intensive discussions.
There was the meeting of ICNDT Specialist International Group of specialists in the MMM method.
The following Resolution was adopted based on the conference totals:
- The general opinion of participants was the need for further practical implementation of the MMM method as an effective method of early metal and welded joints diagnostics of vessels, pipelines and other equipment for various industrial applications, continuation of theoretical and experimental studies to improve the method and control criteria.
- The participants from the countries – Brazil, Czech Republic, Hungary, Germany, Lithuania, Malaysia, Poland, Russia, Slovakia and UAE suggested to include the MMM method in the list of NDT methods, under which certification of experts is performed in accordance with the International Standard ISO 9712.
- In connection with expansion of the number of countries where the MMM based NDT technology was spread (43 countries as of May 2019) and the increasing demand for personnel training and certification, it is proposed to include the program for experts training in the MMM method in the document ISO/TR 25107.
- To promote and support the Specialist International Group of specialists in the MMM method within the International Committee for Non-destructive Testing (ICNDT).
It was proposed to send this resolution to both ICNDT and ISO/TC 135.