February 28, 2015
VIII international scientific and technical conference "Diagnostics of equipment and structures using the metal magnetic memory"
February 17-19, 2015, Moscow, "Izmailovo" hotel complex (Alfa)
Energodiagnostika Co. Ltd
RUSSIAN SOCIETY FOR NON-DESTRUCTIVE TESTING AND TECHNICAL DIAGNOSTICS (RSNDTTD)
RUSSIAN WELDING SOCIETY (RWS)
TECHNICAL COMMITTEE TC-132 OF RF FEDERAL AGENCY FOR ENGINEERING REGULATION AND METROLOGY
SCIENTIFIC AND INDUSTRIAL UNION "RISKS MANAGEMENT, INDUSTRIAL SAFETY, CONTROL AND MONITORING" (SIU "RISCOM")
SELF-REGULATING ORGANIZATION NON-COMMERCIAL PARTNERSHIP "INTERREGIONAL ASSOCIATION IN THE FIELD OF INDUSTRIAL SAFETY" (SRO NP "MEZHREGION IS")
The conference "Diagnostics of Equipment and Structures Using the Metal Magnetic Memory" took place on February 17-19, 2015, in Moscow. Holding of the Conference was initiated by Energodiagnostika co. Ltd. Organization of the Conference was supported by: the Russian Society for Non-Destructive Testing and Technical Diagnostics (RSNDTTD), Russian Welding Society (RWS), Scientific and Industrial Union "Risks Management, Industrial Safety, Control and Monitoring" (SIU "RISCOM"), Technical Committee TC-132 of RF Federal Agency for Engineering Regulation and Metrology, and Self-Regulating Organization Non-Commercial Partnership "Interregional Association in the Field of Industrial Safety" (SRO NP "MEZHREGION IS").
About 70 experts from different cities and towns of Russia and other countries: Argentine, Czech Republic, Hungary, Kazakhstan, Latvia, Lithuania, Malaysia, Mongolia, Poland, Switzerland and Ukraine, participated in the work of the Conference.
Within the framework of the Conference reports on the following topics were presented:
- Totals of the metal magnetic memory (MMM) method development and implementation in Russia and other countries (as of January 2015 the MMM method became widespread in 33 countries of the world).
- Experience of the metal magnetic memory method application during the inspection and lifetime assessment of gas and oil pipelines, equipment of nuclear and thermal power engineering and petrochemical industry, sea transport and other industries.
- The metal's limiting state criteria during the residual lifetime assessment. Stress-strain state control of equipment and structures.
- Engineering products' quality control by structural inhomogeneity and residual stresses.
- Non-contact magnetometric diagnostics (NCMD) of pipelines buried in the soil layer (gas and oil pipelines, heat lines, water pipelines).
- New Russian and International standards in the field of technical diagnostics.
- Experts training in the MMM and NCMD methods and in stress-strain state (SSS) control.
- Industrial Safety Expert Review in conditions of self-regulating organizations operation.
The main attention was paid to the practical experience of the MMM method application in various industries and at various facilities. In particular, reports were presented on modern problems of non-destructive testing and lifetime assessment of engineering products, equipment and structures and the ways of their solution based on application of the metal magnetic memory method, as well as on the perspective of the MMM method and inspection instruments development and distribution in Russia and other countries. Papers were presented on determination of mechanical properties and stress concentration level in products' local zones detected by the MMM method, on the experience of the MMM method application on oil and gas industry, sea transport, hydraulic power engineering and other industries. Separate reports were presented on the non-contact magnetometric diagnostics of underground and underwater pipelines. An exhibition of modern inspection instruments, scanning devices and informational materials was organized within the framework of the Conference.
More than 30 reports were presented by scientists and practicing experts in total. In particular, the following persons were among the speakers:
- RSNDTTD Vice-President, RWS Director A.V. Mullin;
- Ukraine NDT Society Vice-President A.V. Mozgovoy;
- Head of Chair "Dynamics and strength of machines" of State University-UNPK, Dr.tech.sc., Professor V.G. Malinin;
- Head of Physical Metallurgy Chair of R.E. Alexeyev's State Technical University of Nizhny Novgorod, Dr.tech.sc., Professor V.A. Skudnov;
- Director of "Preditest" company, Professor V. Svoboda (Czech Republic);
- Professor of SRU-MEI, Dr.tech.sc. V.M. Matunin;
- Representative of Hungarian NDT Society, expert of TUV Rheinland P. Ladanyi;
- Head of Chair of Mongolian State University of Science and Technology, Professor Ya. Duynherzhav;
- Director of "Resurs" company A. Radziszewski (Poland);
- General Director of Energodiagnostika Co. Ltd., Dr.tech.sc., Professor A.A. Dubov.
The reports were published in the Conference Materials Digest.
The general opinion of the Conference participants was the need for further practical implementation of the MMM method as an efficient method for early diagnostics of the metal and welded joints of vessels, pipelines and other equipment for various industrial applications, continuation of theoretical and experimental investigations to improve the inspection method and criteria. The Conference participants from European countries: Poland, Czech Republic, Hungary, Ukraine, Lithuania, Latvia and Switzerland suggested to include the MMM method in the list of NDT methods, based on which experts certification is performed in accordance with the International Standard ISO 9712, and to organize the working group by the MMM method in the European NDT Society.