February 25, 2013
VII international scientific and technical conference "Diagnostics of equipment and structures using the metal magnetic memory"
February 19-21, 2013, Moscow, "Izmailovo" hotel complex
Energodiagnostika Co. Ltd
RUSSIAN SOCIETY FOR NON-DESTRUCTIVE TESTING AND TECHNICAL DIAGNOSTICS (RSNDTTD)
RUSSIAN WELDING SOCIETY (RWS)
TECHNICAL COMMITTEE TC-132 OF RF FEDERAL AGENCY FOR ENGINEERING REGULATION AND METROLOGY
SCIENTIFIC AND INDUSTRIAL UNION "RISKS MANAGEMENT, INDUSTRIAL SAFETY, CONTROL AND MONITORING" (SIU "RISCOM")
SELF-REGULATING ORGANIZATION NON-COMMERCIAL PARTNERSHIP "INTERREGIONAL ASSOCIATION IN THE FIELD OF INDUSTRIAL SAFETY" (SRO NP "MEZHREGION IS")
The conference "Diagnostics of Equipment and Structures Using the Metal Magnetic Memory" took place on February 19-21, 2013, in Moscow. Holding of the Conference was initiated by Energodiagnostika co. Ltd. Organization of the Conference was supported by: the Russian Welding Society (RWS), Scientific and Industrial Union "Risks Management, Industrial Safety, Control and Monitoring" (SIU "RISCOM"), Technical Committee TC-132 of RF Federal Agency for Engineering Regulation and Metrology, and Self-Regulating Organization Non-Profit Partnership "Interregional Cooperation in the Field of Industrial Safety" (SRO NP "MEZHREGION PB").
More than 90 experts from different cities and towns of Russia and other countries: Poland, Hungary, Czech Republic, Ukraine, Lithuania, Latvia, Norway, Argentine, Uzbekistan and Japan participated in the work of the Conference.
Within the framework of the Conference reports on the following topics were presented:
- Totals of the metal magnetic memory (MMM) method development and implementation in Russia and other countries (as of January 2013 the MMM method became widespread in 32 countries of the world).
- Experience of the metal magnetic memory method application during the inspection and lifetime assessment of gas and oil pipelines, and equipment of power engineering and petrochemical industry, railway transport and other industries.
- The metal's limiting state criteria during the residual lifetime assessment. Stress-strain state control of equipment and structures.
- Engineering products' quality control by structural inhomogeneity and residual stresses.
- Non-contact magnetometric diagnostics (NCMD) of pipelines buried in the soil layer (gas and oil pipelines, heat lines, water pipelines).
- New Russian and International standards in the field of technical diagnostics.
- Experts training in the MMM and NCMD methods and in stress-strain state (SSS) control.
- Industrial Safety Expert Review in conditions of self-regulating organizations operation.
The main attention was paid to the practical experience of the MMM method application in various industries and at various facilities. In particular, reports were presented on modern problems of non-destructive testing and lifetime assessment of engineering products, equipment and structures and the ways of their solution based on application of the metal magnetic memory method, as well as on the perspective of the MMM method and inspection instruments development and distribution in Russia and other countries. Papers were presented on determination of mechanical properties and stress concentration level in products' local zones detected by the MMM method, on the experience of the MMM method application on oil and gas industry, railway transport, hydraulic power engineering and other industries. Separate reports were presented on the non-contact magnetometric diagnostics of underground and underwater pipelines. A wide range of practical results of works performed using the MMM method was presented as poster presentations and informational materials. An exhibition of modern inspection instruments was organized within the framework of the Conference.
Special attention was paid to the experience of the MMM method standardization and its harmonization with International Standards ISO 24497-1:2007(Е), 24497-2:2007(Е), and 24497-3:2007(Е) in Russia, Ukraine, Poland, China, Mongolia, and Iran.
More than 30 reports were presented by scientists and practicing experts in total. In particular, the following persons were among the speakers:
- RSNDTTD Vice President, RWS Director A.V. Mullin;
- SIU "RISCOM" President, RAS Correspondent Member N.A. Makhutov;
- Head of Strength Chair of Orel UNPK University, Dr.tech.sc, Professor V.G. Malinin;
- Professor, Dr.tech.sc. of R.E. Alexeyev's State Technical University of Nizhny Novgorod - V.A. Skudnov;
- Director of "Preditest" company, Professor V. Svoboda (Czech Republic);
- Professor, Dr.tech.sc. of SRU MEI - V.M. Matunin;
- Head of "TUV Rheinland" Eastern Industrial Services - Peter Ladanyi (Hungary);
- Dr.tech.sc, LLC "Information Technologies" - N.A. Semashko;
- Director of "Resurs" company A. Radzishevsky (Poland);
- General Director of Energodiagnostika Co. Ltd., Professor, Dr.tech.sc. A.A. Dubov.
The reports were published in the Conference Materials Digest.
The general opinion of the Conference participants was the need for further practical implementation of the MMM method as an efficient method for early diagnostics of the metal and welded joints of vessels, pipelines and other equipment for various industrial applications, continuation of theoretical and experimental investigations to improve the inspection method and criteria. The Conference Resolution stressed that in 2010 JSC "STC "Industrial Safety" included the MMM method in the list of basic NDT methods, based on which experts are trained in accordance with PB 03-440-02 and NDT laboratories are accredited in accordance with SDA-13-2009. And in 2011 the TUV Rheinland Certificate was obtained for the MMM method, which allows the method application during the expert review and diagnostics of industrial facilities. The Conference participants from European countries: Poland, Czech Republic, Hungary, Ukraine, Lithuania, and Latvia suggested to include the MMM method in the list of NDT methods, based on which experts certification is performed in accordance with the International Standard EN-ISO9712.