February 17, 2011
6th International Scientific and Technical Conference "Diagnostics of Equipment and Structures Using the Metal Magnetic Memory"
February 15-17, 2011, Moscow, "Izmailovo" hotel complex
ENERGODIAGNOSTIKA CO. LTD
RUSSIAN SOCIETY FOR NON-DESTRUCTIVE TESTING AND TECHNICAL DIAGNOSTICS (RSNDTTD)
RUSSIAN WELDING SOCIETY (RWS)
TECHNICAL COMMITTEE TC-132 OF RF FEDERAL AGENCY FOR ENGINEERING REGULATION AND METROLOGY
SCIENTIFIC AND INDUSTRIAL UNION "RISKS MANAGEMENT, INDUSTRIAL SAFETY, CONTROL AND MONITORING" (SIU "RISCOM")
SELF-REGULATING ORGANIZATION NON-COMMERCIAL PARTNERSHIP "INTERREGIONAL ASSOCIATION IN THE FIELD OF INDUSTRIAL SAFETY" (SRO NP "MEZHREGION IS"
More than 90 experts from Russia and other countries: Poland, Hungary, Czech Republic, Ukraine, Lithuania, Latvia and Mongolia took part in the work of the conference.
Within the framework of the conference contributions on the following topics were presented:
- Totals of the metal magnetic memory (MMM) method development and implementation in Russia and other countries (as of December 2010 the MMM method became widespread in 30 countries of the world).
- Experience of the metal magnetic memory method application during inspection and lifetime assessment of oil and gas pipelines, equipment used in power engineering, petrochemistry, railway transport and other industries.
- Metal's limiting state criteria during the residual lifetime assessment. Equipment's and structures' stress-strain state control.
- Engineering products quality control by structural inhomogeneity and residual stresses.
- Non-contact magnetometric diagnostics of buried pipelines (oil and gas pipelines, heat supply mains, water conduits).
- New Russian and International standards in the field of technical diagnostics. RWS experience in the field of standardization via the International Institute of Welding.
- Experts training in the MMM method in the field of stress-strain state (SSS) control.
- Industrial safety expert review in conditions of self-regulating organizations operation.
Major attention was paid to the practical experience of the MMM method application in various industries and at various objects and facilities. In particular, contributions were presented on the MMM method application during the diagnostics of hoisting devices, equipment, vessels and pipelines used in power engineering, gas industry, petrochemistry, wells, machine-building plants of Russia, Ukraine, Poland, Czech Republic, China, Lithuania and Latvia. The issues of experts training and education, methodological and regulatory-technical support, method standardization and inspection instruments certification were highlighted as well. A wide range of practical results of works performed using the MMM method was presented in the form of poster reports and information materials. An exhibition of modern inspection instruments was arranged within the framework of the conference.
Special attention was paid to the experience of the MMM method standardization and its harmonization with International ISO standards 24497-1:2007(Е), 24497-2:2007(Е), 24497-3:2007(Е) in Russia, Ukraine, Poland, China and Mongolia.
Over 30 contributions of scientists and practicing experts were listened to in total. In particular, the following speakers delivered their contributions:
- RWS President, Dr., Professor Steklov O.I. (Gubkin Russian State Oil and Gas University);
- Head of metals expert review department at Melnikov CNIIPCK, Professor Goritsky V.M.;
- Head of Strength Chair at Orel State Technical University, Dr., Professor Malinin V.G.;
- Head of CNIITMASH laboratory, Dr., Professor Kovalevich E.V.;
- Director of "Preditest" company, Professor V. Svoboda (Czech Republic);
- J. Sarantuyaa (Science and Technology University, Mongolia);
- Head of "TUV Rheinland" eastern branch of industrial safety Peter Ladany (Hungary);
- SRO NP "Mezhregion IS" General director Kaplunov V.M.;
- Deputy General Director of STC "Industrial Safety" JSC Konovalov N.N.;
- Director of "Resurs" company A. Radzishevsky (Poland);
- General Director of Energodiagnostika Co. Ltd, Professor Dubov A.A.
Reports are published in the digest of Conference Proceedings.
Presentation of the new book by Dubov A.A. "Metal Magnetic Memory Method. History of origin and development" was arranged within the framework of the conference. In this book the author describes major stages of the new NDT technology development based on the MMM method in Russia and other countries as well as the history of Energodiagnostika Co. Ltd. development. He also shares his experience in promotion of the method to the level of national and international standards.
The conference participants expressed the unanimous opinion on the necessity of further practical implementation of the MMM method as an efficient method of early diagnostics of vessels’, pipelines’ and other various-purpose equipment’s metal and welded joints as well as of further theoretical and experimental investigations in order to improve the method and inspection criteria. The Conference Resolution particularly noted that in 2010 STC "Industrial Safety" JSC included the MMM method in the list of basic NDT methods, in which experts shall be trained in accordance with PB 03-440-02 and NDT laboratories shall be accredited accordance with SDA-13-2009.