January 21, 2003
GOST R 52005-2003
State Standard of Russian Federation. Non-destructive Testing. Method of Metal Magnetic Memory.General Requirements
Introduction date 21 January, 2003
This standard specifies general requirements to application of the method of metal magnetic memory of components, units, equipment and structures for various application purposes.
The purpose of the method is:
- Determination of heterogeneity of the equipment and structures stressed-strained state and revealing of stresses concentration zones being the main sources of damages development.
- Determination of locations of metal sampling in stresses concentration zones for assessment of the structural-mechanical state.
- Early diagnostics of fatigue damages and evaluation of equipment and structures life.
- Reduction of testing and material costs volume at its utilization in combination with conventional methods of non-destructive testing.
- Quality control of welded joints of various types and embodiment (including contact and spot welding).
- Express sorting of new and used machine-building products by their structural heterogeneity.