Workshop "Metal magnetic memory method. Purpose, application scope and efficiency assessment"
March 1, 2017, Moscow, Expocentre, Hall No.2, Workshop room No.1
Energodiagnostika Co. Ltd
RUSSIAN WELDING SOCIETY (RWS)
TECHNICAL COMMITTEE TC-132 OF RF FEDERAL AGENCY FOR ENGINEERING REGULATION AND METROLOGY
SCIENTIFIC AND INDUSTRIAL UNION "RISKS MANAGEMENT, INDUSTRIAL SAFETY, CONTROL AND MONITORING" (SIU "RISCOM")
SELF-REGULATING ORGANIZATION NON-COMMERCIAL PARTNERSHIP "INTERREGIONAL ASSOCIATION IN THE FIELD OF INDUSTRIAL SAFETY" (SRO NP "MEZHREGION IS")
The Workshop "Metal magnetic memory method. Purpose, application scope and efficiency assessment" was held on March 1, 2017 in Moscow, Expocentre, Hall No.2, Workshop room No.1. It was held at the initiative of Energodiagnostika Co. Ltd. The workshop organization was supported by: the Russian Welding Society (RWS), the Scientific and Industrial Union "Risk Management, Industrial Safety, Control and Monitoring" (SIU RISCOM), the TC 132 Technical Committee of the Federal Agency for Technical Regulation and Metrology of the Russian Federation, and the Self-regulating organization Non-commercial partnership "Interregional association in the field of industrial safety" (SRO NP "Mezhregion IS").
The main task of the workshop was to reflect the opinion of experts from Russia and other countries on the efficiency of the metal magnetic memory method used by them in practical diagnostics of equipment and structures.
More than 40 experts from Russia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Latvia and Ukraine took part in the workshop.
Reports on the following topics were presented at the workshop:
Totals of the metal magnetic memory (MMM) method development in Russia and other countries (as of February 2017, the MMM method has come into common use in 36 countries).
Purpose of the MMM method, application scope and assessment of its efficiency.
Experience of the metal magnetic memory method application in inspection and lifetime assessment of oil and gas pipelines, and equipment for thermal power engineering, petrochemical industry, marine transport and other industries.
Quality control of engineering products by structural inhomogeneity and residual stresses.
Technical diagnostics and monitoring of equipment and structures condition at the present stage of development.
Experts training at "Energodiagnostika" Certification Body in the MMM method, non-contact magnetometric diagnostics and stress-strain state (SSS) control. As of February 2017, more than 2000 specialists in Russia, over 500 specialists in China, 75 specialists in Poland, and more than 200 specialists from other countries (Argentina, Belarus, Bulgaria, Israel, Iran, Italy, Kazakhstan, Latvia, Lithuania, Malaysia, Mongolia, Netherlands, Oman, Serbia, Ukraine, Czech Republic, Japan) were trained and certified.
The reports and testimonials of diagnostic companies and industrial enterprises of Russia (more than 60 testimonials) using MMM method in practical diagnostics were presented. Testimonials, as a rule, note high efficiency of the MMM method application in combination with traditional NDT methods. Some testimonials contain critical comments and recommendations aimed at improving inspection techniques.
The discussions paid special attention to the analysis of critical comments on the physical bases of the MMM method and reliability of results obtained during practical diagnostics of equipment.
As a result of discussion of reports, testimonials of diagnostic companies and industrial enterprises, and taking into account the considerable experience of effective use of the MMM method in Russia and other countries, the workshop participants adopted the following decision:
1. To note and approve the work performed by Energodiagnostika Co. Ltd. on organizing and holding Russian and International conferences and workshops dedicated to the development and experience of practical use of the MMM method (as of February 2017, 8 international conferences and 6 workshop in Russia and more than 20 conferences and workshops in China, Poland, Hungary, Czech Republic, Bulgaria, Korea, Iran, Malaysia and other countries were held).
2. To state the neсessity of further practical implementation of the MMM method as an efficient method for early diagnostics of metal and welded joints of vessels, pipelines and other various-purpose industrial equipment.
3. To continue theoretical and experimental studies to improve the method and procedures for equipment inspection.
4. To continue the development of the methodology for non-contact magnetometric diagnostics of underground pipeline sections, which is of great importance for ensuring their reliability.
5. To approve the activities of the international Work Group on the MMM method headed by the method developer A.A Dubov. To expand the Russian representation in the Work Group (to increase the number of members).
6. To distribute this decision to RSNDTTD, RWS, Rosstandard TC 132 and TC 361, SIU RISCOM, and SRO NP "Mezhregion PB".
7. To forward this decision to editorial boards of the journals "Testing. Diagnostics", "NDT Territory", "NDT World" with the proposal to publish it in current issues.
8. This decision was adopted by the majority of the workshop participants.